How It Works
Coupled with a compatible mobile applicationn, the HealthPatch biosensor is your solution to tracking your health and wellness or that of a loved one. The HealthPatch can be used by athletes training for a major competition, by people simply trying improve overall health or by aging consumers requiring specialized care. Not only can you view your summarized data, but real-time notifications can be sent to you or a family member if pre-set thresholds for these health indicators are dipped below or surpassed.
The HealthPatch biosensor has two components: the reusable sensor module and the disposable patch.
The HealthPatch detects the following biometric measurements:
- Heart Rate
- Heart Rate Variability
- Respiratory Rate
- Skin Temperature
- Body Posture including Fall Detection/Severity
Please note: the features set available to you will depend on your chosen compatible application.
Vital Connect partners with leading mobile health and wellness application providers who can build innovative enterprise- and consumer-grade apps on the Vital Connect biosensor platform. The HealthPatch features and capabilities available to you will depend on which application you choose to download.
Interested in integrating our sensor into your mobile application? Learn More
Mobile Software Requirements
- iOS 6.1 or later
- Android support coming soon
Mobile Hardware Requirements
- iPhone 4s and later
- iPad 3 and later
- iPod Touch 5
- iPad Mini
Your mobile device must support Bluetooth 4.0
- ECG electrodes to detect heart rate
- 3-axis MEMS accelerometer to detect motion
- Thermistor to detect skin temperature
The features available to you will depend on your chosen application.
- Gentle Grade: silicone adhesive, low skin stress during removal, recommended for low activity, low perspiration levels & low humidity levels, may be reapplied to dry skin
- Active Grade: hydrocolloid adhesive, recommended for moderate to high activity, moderate perspiration & moderate humidity levels, single use adhesive
- High Performance Grade: hydrocolloid adhesive, recommended for high activity, high perspiration & high humidity levels, single use adhesive
- Zinc air battery
- Battery life of 48-72 hours
- Fully disposable/recyclable
- HealthPatch is particulate & water resistant (IP24, IP27)
- Swimming not supported
- Operating Temperature: 10-40 deg C
- Storage Temperature: 0-40 deg C